Thursday, January 13, 2011

Getting Ready to go back

Hello -

It's Thursday night, January 13th. I am about to embark on my second trip to Nicaragua as part of Bridges to Community. Since I have already been once, I know a bit more of what to expect. That said, this year it's a bit different. Last year I went with Roxane, a very good friend. She's not going this year; so while I know more about the environment, I know less about the people with whom I will be traveling. I also know that my broken Italian will not be of much help. So, I have been diligently working at trying to develop some broken Spanish. In fact I have purchased a travel translator as I was so frustrated last year at the prospect of not being able to communicate. Not sure how that will work, but I am going to be very glad to be able to look up words. Last thing - last year my blog was a series of reflections on my trip. This year I am going to keep a journal and will type that in as a series of entries when I return. (as there is no connectivity to speak of) So, you'll be able to get my real time thoughts albeit delayed. Thanks for your interest, I appreciate your attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment